To Our Valued Customers
Novel Coronavirus Information
March 16, 2020
To all our valued customers
Pacific Sleep understands the concerns many people are having at the moment in regards to the transmission of the novel coronavirus. As a supplier of medical devices and respiratory equipment, we are naturally very aware of the importance of maintaining strict hygiene for all our patients, customers and staff. Our normal daily practices ensure that the risk of transmission of any illness is very low.
However, we would like to reassure you about how we are working to keep you and your family safe while you visit Pacific Sleep for a visit with one of the doctors or one of the clinicians.
As always, we are guided by the advice of the NSW Department of Health, and other government channels, including the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recommendations for reducing the risk of infection.
Our standard practice for all sleep centres includes:
- Sterilisation of all masks and Bi/CPAP equipment used for treatment trials. Masks are machine washed and cleaned with a disinfectant and anti-viral solution. All devices are cleaned using disinfectant and anti-viral solution, as well as processed through SoClean.
- Sleep study machines are cleaned thoroughly with a disinfectant and anti-viral solution, and all parts that come into direct contact with skin or nasal passages are sealed, medical grade and single use only.
- All cannulas for sleep study devices or oxygen concentrators are sealed, single-use and medical grade.
- Clinicians wear new gloves for each patient and maintain strict medical hygiene protocols.
- All our office surfaces are wiped regularly with disinfectant and anti-viral solutions, and office furniture is sprayed with disinfectant and anti-viral spray.
Extra measures we will take during this time
- Our office surfaces are wiped regularly with disinfectant and anti-viral solutions, and we will continue to follow this protocol with increased frequency during this time of heightened concern.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on all our front desks, for patients to use.
- Patients who are concerned about waiting in a waiting room can wait in their car and we will invite them in when their appointment is starting.
- Clinicians will strive to minimise wait times - patients are asked to understand this and respect the needs of others so that we do not run overtime.
- Patients who exhibit signs of unwellness will be asked to reschedule their visit, or will be offered a conference call via skype or Facetime.
- We are currently working on offering teleconsultations for our clients. This will offer an alternative to coming to our clinic if you are unwell, or unable to come in.
- If you have a modem compatible CPAP device, you may be able to schedule a consultation with our clinician remotely (over the phone). To ensure you have a device with modem, and that your device is successfully transmitting data - please call our friendly staff to see if this service is available to you.
Purchase of supplies
- For all our current clients, please note that we keep records about your device, mask and other products. If you require a replacement, you can call us on the phone and we will be happy to assist you and help you purchase the parts or products over the phone. We can then ship the parts to you directly, if that is more convenient than coming to our clinics.
- For non-current clients, please call us and we will do our best to assist you, over the phone, or via remote consultation.
Finally, as a patient-focused healthcare company, the team at Pacific Sleep is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for all our clients. Your health is our priority, and we believe healthy sleep is essential to staying well at all times. We will continue to provide the quality service you expect from us during this time.
For further information please refer to: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/alerts/Pages/coronavirus-faqs.aspx
Can't find your answers?
Ask away – one of our friendly team members will get back to you within 24 hours.
All content copyright 2019 Pacific Sleep
Website design: loopbrands.com
Website development & coding: elementict.com.au